Skip to main content

My Dad

My dad doesn't like reading much, which is probably why he is an engineer and not a writer. When we were kids instead of reading us a story he would tell us a story.

Here is one:

Suzy Maguzy was the most popular girl in school. Everyone wanted to be like her. So one day Suzy worn her hair in a pony tail to school. All of the girls told her how lovely she looked. The next day when Suzy went to school all of the girls had their hair in pony tails. Suzy went home that evening and found herself a head band in the bathroom. The next day she wore it, and yet again all of the girls liked her hair-do. The next day when she got to school everyone was wearing head bands, including the guys. She was just that cool. This happened for many days and everyone would copy cat her. So finally one day in pure frustration, Suzy exclaimed. "Tomorrow I am going to have a shaved head."

The next day Suzy wore her hair in a pony tail, and everyone else had shaved their heads.

THE END

Yep, that is my dad. I should mention that the characters were consistent in all of his stories so that Suzy Maguzy was in most of the stories that I heard growing up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku

What kind of friends do you have? Are they the ones who strengthen your resolve, or the ones who hold you back? In my class we read the narrow road of the interior, which is interlaced with many haiku poems. I thought I would finish off the experience with my own poem.  Touching the bright moon We have few limits, but friends Anchoring us down. Are your friends good or bad in this poem?

Pickles

Choosing a default random topic can be fun. It’s just that sometimes you can't always think creatively on the spot when you need to change topics. The reason I picked pickles is because I like them, so it isn't too strange, right? One time I was on a double date and the other guy’s date was super awkward. I mean gross awkward. (When he asked her what she liked to do, her response was, “Make-out.”) At first, I thought she was kidding, but then there was an awkward silence and I knew that this was no jest. With my back-up already in mind, I blurted out, "I like pickles—a lot!" My date started laughing, as did his friend. Thankfully my strange comment was outlandish enough to drop the other topic as I went into explicit detail. Despite this experience, I am ready to move on from pickles. If you have any recommendations for random topics, please feel free to comment. However, since pickles and I have a long history of randomness, I feel like a far...

Horror Stories.

I just recently finished reading Dracula by Bram Stoker, and lets just say it put me in a "horror" mood. When my teacher asked us in our English class to write about things in an elevator. All I could think about was finding a note like this: If you are finding this note, and the elevator has stopped, then you will not make it out alive. Dracula was an extremely good book, which I highly recommend. However, I shouldn't read too many more horror stories--I don't seem to escape them very well.